Choosing wedding attire color palette (Updated for 2022)
You probably thought there are many options, and you just cannot choose among so many colors, right? Well, here is the simple empiric breakdown for you of what couples end up with:
- About 50% of guys wear a white tie on their wedding (white shirt, plus K Alexander Men's Solid White Tie or The Tie Bar 100% Woven Silk White Tie for guys and a white dress for girls)
- About 25% of couples go with a purple theme
- About 15% of couples choose aquamarine theme
- The remaining 10% wear other color choices
It's that simple. You can experiment a bunch with different color options, but statistically, we bet you'll end up with one of these three. So check them out right away to save time!
From the trends perspective, "white tie" option has been one of the most popular ones. Surprisingly, many grooms have been picking that in the last wedding season. This color choice has by far the largest number of votes among grooms. That leaves brides with two other accent colors for their bouquet and bridesmaid's dresses - purple or aquamarine.
Bright colors are great for skinny bridesmaids, and darker purple colors work well on all bridesmaids.
For guys, the common way to match brides' and bridesmaids' colors is:
- Purple shirt and dark purple tie
- Aquamarine vest and tie, plus white shirt
Thinking of choosing the classic plain black and white? Not really in style recently. While you might not care about "what's in style" right now, seeing yourself look "plain" in photos after the wedding is over is not really a fun thing.